The Living Islands Movement is providing a briefing session to their members which is open to all. Here is the invitation letter they sent to members.
Dear Members and Friends of Living Islands Movement (LIM)
This is a follow up to the email about the Integrated Waste Management Action Group (IWMAG) planning application which requires submissions before 20 December.Are you
- Confused about the email sent on 2 Dec outlining the IWMAG Rezoning Application concerning HK’s Waste?
- Wanting to ask questions about the application?
- Looking for business opportunities in the recycling and waste management sectors?
- Concerned about the Incinerator planned near Shek Kwu Chau?
- Interested in understanding options for handling HK’s waste?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above then book into your calendar to be at:
Mui Wo Sports Centre at 10:30am Saturday 14 Dec for a member briefing.
LIM is arranging a briefing session for Members and Friends to help to further explain the purpose of the IWMAG application, the details of the proposal, the next steps, and most importantly, what you can do to help. The Member Briefing session will be held on Saturday 14th December at 10:30am at the Mui Wo Sports Centre, Squash Courts.
We hope you have all found time to
- read the proposal from IWMAG (leaflet, exec summary and full proposal) and
- send your submission letter to the Government to express your opinions.
This is a really important new development, which uses an innovative plan to eliminate the need for the Government to build the proposed incinerator at Shek Kwu Chau. It provides solutions to the challenge of solving Hong Kong’s waste problem, so we hope you can come along to the Briefing to share your thoughts on the proposal and to express your opinions.
Anyone who is concerned about this issue should attend.
See you on the 14th.RegardsThe Living Islands Movement Committee